Cinnamon Walnut Banana Bread
Banana bread has always been a go to in the baking department for me. It's easy, delicious & cheap! I've been using the same family recipe since I could remember.
Since Fall is officially here, baking is officially part of my routine. To start the season off I decided to add a little cinnamon spice and some crunchy walnuts to the recipe.
Let's get started!
• 2 ripe bananas (almost brown so they are nice & sweet!)
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups of flour (not really full)
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1/4 cup teaspoon of salt
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Grease loaf pan
3. Mix all wet ingredients together. Once mixed well add in dry ingredients and mix until all lumps are out. Then add any extras such as nuts, chocolate chips, chia seeds, etc. - which are all optional! Then give it one more mix and put into loaf pan.
4. After it is settled into the loaf pan I like to add a little extra sprinkles of sugar and cinnamon at the top so its crunchy & sugar coated when done.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until fully cooked. (I use a butter knife and stick it right in the middle of the loaf
to see if fully cooked. Usually I bake more than 50 min to make it a little crunchy on the sides.)
Stick in the toaster oven the next morning for a warm breakfast and add a a little butter to top it off. Perfect with a morning cup of coffee.
Tip: If you have extra bananas double the batch and freeze a loaf for later. Use cling wrap to fully seal the loaf then add a layer of tinfoil. Date and label and it should be ok for about a month!